Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Counting down to March 15 - 26 daysto deadline



I am trying to make the (4) objects for my project, at right is a moly.
So far I have the plums, from Parable of the Plums completed, and this moly, which I completed on Sunday.
I have two more moly-ies, molies? not sure how the plural should be spelled.
Hermes/Mercury gave Odysseus moly to protect him from the spell of Circe.
Circe turned Odysseus's men into swine, but when she saw he was not effected, she mellowed and seduced him. He held out until she tuned his men back into humans. When she did they were younger and stronger.
ANYWAY, Leopold Bloom carries a shrivelled potato given to him by his mother. I decide to make the Hermes version of the moly, here I've combined the idea with the Bloom version in that it's like a sort of potato.
The original moly had black roots and white flowers. Supposedly the roots were so tenacious that no human could pull them from the ground. I used the roots of a plant I've been keeping for some reason, and artificial white flowers. I've never used artificial flowers before. I think it works pretty well.

No comments:

Post a Comment